Are you looking for a way to repair unreadable photos? Suppose you transfer a photo from a DSLR memory card to your computer. However, there are few or few images open in the system. The rest of the images are not open and show inaccessible and unreadable errors. You’ll be surprised and wonder why you can’t open your pictures when you can easily open them with a camera. Here you may freak out and get stressed about it, but don’t panic. If you can’t access your pictures, then this post can guide you to repair unreadable photos and bring them back to you. First, let us find out the reason for the unreadable photos to prevent further photo loss.
Why can’t your photos be inaccessible?
An unreadable photo error is typically caused by corrupted or invalid file headers. Many possible reasons for image corruption can cause the image to become inaccessible. Here are some common reasons why the system can’t read a photo:
- Virus or malware attack on such as storage drive or camera SD card, CF card or pen drive.
- Incomplete download or transfer of photos from camera to computer.
- Window file showing system error.
- The photo viewer might not be updated.
- The file format of images isn’t supported by a photo viewer.
If this is the reason for your problem that you can’t access your photo, there is a solution for you to repair unreadable photos given below.
Best methods to repair unreadable photos
Method 1: Update the image viewer application first
Try updating your computer’s photo viewer. Updates often fix bugs and improve or add new features. If this does not resolve the unreadable photo issue, the image viewer software may not support the image file format. Try opening the photo in another image viewer. If you still can’t read the photo, the photo is damaged and need to be repaired.
Method 2: Use SFC/scannow at the command prompt
You can use the SFC/scannow command on your computer to start the photo repair process. This is a system file checker command to scan windows and recover files.
Steps to follow in SFC/scannow in command prompt in Windows 10:
- In the window search box, type “command prompt.”
- And right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- If you are a user of Windows 10, 8.1, or 8, then you have to first run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Type DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-image/Restore health in the window command prompt.
- Then press Enter key and wait for the process to complete.
- Now, type SFC/scannow.
- Press Enter. The SFC/scannow command scans for corrupted system files and replaces them with a cached copy. Wait for the process to complete until the validation is 100% complete.
- Restart your PC and try to open your photos.
Method 3: Run CHKDSK
Checking the window disk or CHKDSK command fixes an issue caused by a corrupted storage drive. If you don’t have photos stored on your computer’s open drive, or SD card. You can try this method to repair unreadable photos
Steps to run CHKDSK
- In the search box of windows, type command prompt.
Then click on the command prompt and type chkdsk (drive letter)/r in the command window.
- Click Enter.
- Now, wait for the process to be done, and then restart your computer. Now your photos should be accessible to you.
Conclusion: Hopefully, it may help you to repair unreadable photos. If you are still facing the problem, then you can use third-party photo repair software. By using this type of software you can retrieve any type of photo that is inaccessible to your system.
Brief Overview on Repair Unreadable Photos
Looking for solution of Repair Unreadable Photos ? It is one of the major issues which almost every users might have come across at any instance of their life. Digital photos and videos can get accidentally deleted or might get corrupted due to any specific error. In such situation, previously stored files cannot be accessed further. At this juncture, there arises the need for Photo recovery Software. It is one of the most proficient utility which has been designed to accomplish Repair Unreadable Photos issues conveniently. It is best tool to recover corrupted, deleted, missing, formatted and inaccessible images and videos from digital camera or any other storage devices. It has been exclusively designed by the professionals to rescue photos as well as videos and overcome memory card corruption issues irrespective of its cause.
Repair Unreadable Photos: Reasons Why Photo Becomes Inaccessible
Photos become inaccessible and user may lose their valuable pictures from storage device, due to following reasons:-
- When stored images get deleted accidentally then Repair Unreadable Photos can be faced.
- If you have formatted your drive.
- Due to severe virus attack.
- Improper handling of device.
- Due to file system corruption.
- Due to physically damaged media.
- Header file corruption.
Apart from above mentioned reasons, there can also be some other possibilities due to which need for Repair Unreadable Photos solution arises for users. Unfortunately, if you are facing loss of photos due to any of the above mentioned reasons and do not have a valid backup then it is better to opt for Photo Recovery Software to resolve Repair Unreadable Photos issues in the mean time.
Avoid Common Mistakes to Prevent Repair Unreadable Photos issues for future
One silly mistake or slight carelessness is enough to erase all the memorable and exciting moments of past. It is rightly said “Prevention is always better than cure”. While most of the problems related to Repair Unreadable Photos have solution, But it would be better not to confront it by taking some measures. Therefore, users are advised to take care of the following points mentioned below if they do not want to be in horrible situation of Repair Unreadable Photos which can be quite messy at times.
- Never remove the memory card when it is in use.
- Always safely remove the memory card before removing it from its slot.
- Do not click pictures or record videos when battery is running low to avoid Repair Unreadable Photos.
- Always be careful while erasing unwanted files
- avoid using “Delete All” button of Digital Camera
- Do not mishandle digital camera or memory card.
Note: Avoid using Memory Card if you have deleted any photos and videos from it. Doing so will prevent the possibilities of overwriting and replacing the data on the card. Once overwritten, option for rescue data in case of Repair Unreadable Photos will be next to impossible.
Best Solution for Repair Unreadable Photos
Photo Recovery Software is one of the robust and advanced tool which has the ability to rescue lost or deleted pictures/videos. It has been designed by working professionals who have large experience in this field. The software has strong scanning technique and all latest features, which can easily resolve Repair Unreadable Photos and restore photos and videos. It scans your storage device deeply and detect all missing files. After that it provides facility to see preview of recoverable items and restore them wherever you want to for quick access. Today it has numerous satisfied users throughout the world, who have tried it in order to fix Repair Unreadable Photos issue. Not only that it has also some amazing features which makes it popular in photo recovery segment. However it can be said that it is the only secure way, which provide complete and instant solution for Repair Unreadable Photos in very less time without losing a single photo during recovery. Therefore one can rely on the software to get satisfying and impressive results.
Benefits of Using Photo Recovery Software for Repair Unreadable Photos
It is capable of resolving Repair Unreadable Photos and recover lost, deleted and damaged photos, videos on memory card.
Has the potential to recover even severely damaged files as well as formatted memory card.
Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
Easily recover JPEG, PNG, TIFF, MOS, PSP, PCT, JPG, GIF, BMP etc files and fix Repair Unreadable Photos.
Also restore deleted or damaged audio, video and other multimedia files in convenient way.
Provide facility to add file headers in the list of photo, audio, video items by just Drag and Drop method.
Generate preview of recoverable files before saving it.
User friendly GUI for easy navigation.
Having different scanning options like, Advance, Quick, Full scan.
Compatible with all Mac OS X as well as Windows operating system.
Supports different Mac or Windows versions like Mac OS X Tiger, Lion Leopard, Panther and Windows Vista, 7, 8 etc respectively.
Supports different file system such as HFSX, HFS, HFS+, NTFS, FAT etc.
Able to undelete images from memory card to overcome Repair Unreadable Photos on storage devices such as Micro SD, CF, XD card, SDHC etc.
Supports all digital camera, mobile phones, tablets etc.
Restore photos from system hard drive, emptied recycle bin or un-bootable volume.
Provide complete solution for Repair Unreadable Photos even without having technical skills.
Available as free trial and licensed version.
These are few prominent features of Photo Recovery Software best in this class. If you want to overcome Repair Unreadable Photos issue, then without any delay try this amazing tool and get desired result.
Limitations of the Photo Recovery Software to Overcome Repair Unreadable Photos Issue
Although Photo Recovery Software is one of secure way to cater the need for Repair Unreadable Photos solution in very less time. However, users should know about its limitations which are discussed below :-
- Demo version provides with the preview of the deleted and corrupted photos and videos.
- Users have to avail licensed version in order to recover deleted or lost photos and overcome Repair Unreadable Photos.
System Requirement for Photo Recovery Software
- Processor:- Pentium Class.
- Operating System:- Windows Vista, Windows7, 8 etc.
- Memory:- RAM 1 GB.
- Hard Disk:- 100 MB free space.
- Processor:- Intel(G5 or its later version)
- Memory:- RAM should be at least 1 GB.
- Hard Disk:- Free space should be 100 MB.
- Operating System:- 10. 4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks or any other latest Mac OS X.
User’s Guide to Resolve Repair Unreadable Photos: Follow Step by Step Wizard to Run the Software
Step:1 Download and install Photo Recovery Software to accomplish Repair Unreadable Photos issue
Step:2 Once installed, launch the program by double clicking on the icon present on the desktop.
Step:3 Connect the storage device that need to be scanned with the PC.
Step:4 Once connected, the program will automatically detect the storage device which has been plugged.
Step:5 Click on the Scan button to initiate the scanning process. Be sure to choose the exact file type from the list for quick search.
Step:6 Once the scanning is completed, you will get the preview of the files that has been deleted, corrupted. Select the file to be restored and saved on the desired location on the computer. However, you need to have the licensed version of the software for accomplishing Repair Unreadable Photos task.
Step 7: Finally, a progress bar will appear that shows the ongoing process of storing photos and videos to the desired location and overcome Repair Unreadable Photos