Does your SD card have bad sectors that resulted in corrupted media files? Do you want to repair bad sectors on SD Card to recover photos and videos as media files? If yes, then you need to go through this post till last as it will explain manual ways to repair bad sectors on SD card. However if you want to recover lost photos and videos due to bad sectors on SD card then you need to use SD Card Recovery Software.
Actually presence of Bad sectors on SD card will make your data and files such as photos and videos vulnerable to corruption. Bad sectors indicates presence of damaged and corrupted section present on SD card or any other memory card that can result in data loss since the system fails to read the files and data which are stored on bad sectors on SD card.
How to Detect Presence of Bad Sectors on SD card
- SD card will show empty or 0 bytes
- SD card won’t be recognized by the camera, smart phone, or computer
- Fails to read or write data on SD card
- format the SD memory card to access it Error is displayed
- Windows fails to format the SD card
- SD card throws bad sector error
Why SD Card develops Bad Sector?
- Presence of Malware or virus will lead to Bad sector on SD Card.
- Due to abrupt removal of SD card from PC, Digital Camera and Smart Phones.
- Using Poor Quality or unbranded SD cards
- Abrupt power failure while reading / writing process is in progress
How To Fix Bad Sectors on SD Card?
If you are sure that Bad Sectors are present on your SD card, then you can try these manual steps to repair/fix Bad Sectors on SD Card
You can use chkdsk command to fix bad sectors on SD Card
- First of all exit all applications and program running on Windows PC to Run chkdsk command. Now your SD card is to be connected to PC
- Start the PC
- Go to Devices with Removable Storage, check the assigned drive letter example G, f here G is SD card drive letter.
- Now click on Start button and Type ‘cmd’ as command in the search box
- This would open the command. Now you need to right click on cmd and select admin as role to run it
- This would open the command window
- Now press enter key after typing chkdsk with drive letter of SD card
- This would take some time and you need to wait for process to complete.
- Now Restart your PC. This would repair Bad Sectors on SD Card.
Brief Overview on Bad Sectors on SD Card
Looking for solution of Bad Sectors on SD Card ? It is one of the major issues which almost every users might have come across at any instance of their life. Digital photos and videos can get accidentally deleted or might get corrupted due to any specific error. In such situation, previously stored files cannot be accessed further. At this juncture, there arises the need for Photo recovery Software. It is one of the most proficient utility which has been designed to accomplish Bad Sectors on SD Card issues conveniently. It is best tool to recover corrupted, deleted, missing, formatted and inaccessible images and videos from digital camera or any other storage devices. It has been exclusively designed by the professionals to rescue photos as well as videos and overcome memory card corruption issues irrespective of its cause.
Bad Sectors on SD Card: Reasons Why Photo Becomes Inaccessible
Photos become inaccessible and user may lose their valuable pictures from storage device, due to following reasons:-
- When stored images get deleted accidentally then Bad Sectors on SD Card can be faced.
- If you have formatted your drive.
- Due to severe virus attack.
- Improper handling of device.
- Due to file system corruption.
- Due to physically damaged media.
- Header file corruption.
Apart from above mentioned reasons, there can also be some other possibilities due to which need for Bad Sectors on SD Card solution arises for users. Unfortunately, if you are facing loss of photos due to any of the above mentioned reasons and do not have a valid backup then it is better to opt for Photo Recovery Software to resolve Bad Sectors on SD Card issues in the mean time.
Avoid Common Mistakes to Prevent Bad Sectors on SD Card issues for future
One silly mistake or slight carelessness is enough to erase all the memorable and exciting moments of past. It is rightly said “Prevention is always better than cure”. While most of the problems related to Bad Sectors on SD Card have solution, But it would be better not to confront it by taking some measures. Therefore, users are advised to take care of the following points mentioned below if they do not want to be in horrible situation of Bad Sectors on SD Card which can be quite messy at times.
- Never remove the memory card when it is in use.
- Always safely remove the memory card before removing it from its slot.
- Do not click pictures or record videos when battery is running low to avoid Bad Sectors on SD Card.
- Always be careful while erasing unwanted files
- avoid using “Delete All” button of Digital Camera
- Do not mishandle digital camera or memory card.
Note: Avoid using Memory Card if you have deleted any photos and videos from it. Doing so will prevent the possibilities of overwriting and replacing the data on the card. Once overwritten, option for rescue data in case of Bad Sectors on SD Card will be next to impossible.
Best Solution for Bad Sectors on SD Card
Photo Recovery Software is one of the robust and advanced tool which has the ability to rescue lost or deleted pictures/videos. It has been designed by working professionals who have large experience in this field. The software has strong scanning technique and all latest features, which can easily resolve Bad Sectors on SD Card and restore photos and videos. It scans your storage device deeply and detect all missing files. After that it provides facility to see preview of recoverable items and restore them wherever you want to for quick access. Today it has numerous satisfied users throughout the world, who have tried it in order to fix Bad Sectors on SD Card issue. Not only that it has also some amazing features which makes it popular in photo recovery segment. However it can be said that it is the only secure way, which provide complete and instant solution for Bad Sectors on SD Card in very less time without losing a single photo during recovery. Therefore one can rely on the software to get satisfying and impressive results.
Benefits of Using Photo Recovery Software for Bad Sectors on SD Card
It is capable of resolving Bad Sectors on SD Card and recover lost, deleted and damaged photos, videos on memory card.
Has the potential to recover even severely damaged files as well as formatted memory card.
Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
Easily recover JPEG, PNG, TIFF, MOS, PSP, PCT, JPG, GIF, BMP etc files and fix Bad Sectors on SD Card.
Also restore deleted or damaged audio, video and other multimedia files in convenient way.
Provide facility to add file headers in the list of photo, audio, video items by just Drag and Drop method.
Generate preview of recoverable files before saving it.
User friendly GUI for easy navigation.
Having different scanning options like, Advance, Quick, Full scan.
Compatible with all Mac OS X as well as Windows operating system.
Supports different Mac or Windows versions like Mac OS X Tiger, Lion Leopard, Panther and Windows Vista, 7, 8 etc respectively.
Supports different file system such as HFSX, HFS, HFS+, NTFS, FAT etc.
Able to undelete images from memory card to overcome Bad Sectors on SD Card on storage devices such as Micro SD, CF, XD card, SDHC etc.
Supports all digital camera, mobile phones, tablets etc.
Restore photos from system hard drive, emptied recycle bin or un-bootable volume.
Provide complete solution for Bad Sectors on SD Card even without having technical skills.
Available as free trial and licensed version.
These are few prominent features of Photo Recovery Software best in this class. If you want to overcome Bad Sectors on SD Card issue, then without any delay try this amazing tool and get desired result.
Limitations of the Photo Recovery Software to Overcome Bad Sectors on SD Card Issue
Although Photo Recovery Software is one of secure way to cater the need for Bad Sectors on SD Card solution in very less time. However, users should know about its limitations which are discussed below :-
- Demo version provides with the preview of the deleted and corrupted photos and videos.
- Users have to avail licensed version in order to recover deleted or lost photos and overcome Bad Sectors on SD Card.
System Requirement for Photo Recovery Software
- Processor:- Pentium Class.
- Operating System:- Windows Vista, Windows7, 8 etc.
- Memory:- RAM 1 GB.
- Hard Disk:- 100 MB free space.
- Processor:- Intel(G5 or its later version)
- Memory:- RAM should be at least 1 GB.
- Hard Disk:- Free space should be 100 MB.
- Operating System:- 10. 4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks or any other latest Mac OS X.
User’s Guide to Resolve Bad Sectors on SD Card: Follow Step by Step Wizard to Run the Software
Step:1 Download and install Photo Recovery Software to accomplish Bad Sectors on SD Card issue
Step:2 Once installed, launch the program by double clicking on the icon present on the desktop.
Step:3 Connect the storage device that need to be scanned with the PC.
Step:4 Once connected, the program will automatically detect the storage device which has been plugged.
Step:5 Click on the Scan button to initiate the scanning process. Be sure to choose the exact file type from the list for quick search.
Step:6 Once the scanning is completed, you will get the preview of the files that has been deleted, corrupted. Select the file to be restored and saved on the desired location on the computer. However, you need to have the licensed version of the software for accomplishing Bad Sectors on SD Card task.
Step 7: Finally, a progress bar will appear that shows the ongoing process of storing photos and videos to the desired location and overcome Bad Sectors on SD Card