"Last night i edited my MOV file in an application and after that when i try to play the movie file then it display error message which state that “The movie video.mov cannot be opened”. After that i try to play the video file in different media player such as VLC or Quick time but i still unable to play them. I don't know what to do, if someone know how to fix unplayable MOV file then please help me."
The above mentioned message is common error message which you can encounter while playing MOV files. Occurrence of such error message means that the MOV file get corrupt. Once your MOV video file get corrupt or damage then you can't play them anymore. In order to fix unplayable MOV file issue you need to repair the corrupted file. There are some manual fixes which you can try to fix the issue. Try the below mentioned steps to fix the issue.
Steps To Repair Corrupted MOV File With VLC
In order to fix the MOV file which refuse to play in the VLC media player you can go through the below steps:
- Open VLC on your PC > go to Media > select Convert or Save
- Now add input files which you want to trans-coded
- After that you need to press Convert or Save
- In Convert window, provide the file name for destination file
- Next you have to select desired Codec from profile list
- Press on Edit Selected Profile button for checking specified profile setting
- Select one from add a new profile or delete any existing profile
- At last click on Start
Applying these steps may help repair your corrupted MOV file and make them inaccessible again. But if the above steps fails to fix unplayable MOV file then you can try using third party program such as Photo recovery software. This is a comprehensive program which is capable of recovering corrupted MOV file. By using this software you can not only play unplayable MOV file but also recover deleted, lost or formatted MOV video files.